Remarkable

Remarkable

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Inspiring kids

What a great conversation I had with a 5th grade boy yesterday! This litttle guy, I will call Tom, came up to me and said, "Mrs. Hayes, I am going to try to get around the high school 10 times today." (Let me explain, we do not have a track, so we run to the high school and through a trail behind the school.  Those that have just started running walk/run around the school as a track while they wait for those who are on the trail.)  This little guy has been eating 12 mcnuggets almost every night because his mom works at McDonalds and that is what she brings home for dinner.  So you can imagine his size at the moment.  I ran with him up a steep hill and he made it all the way to the top without stopping and was so excited.  When I came back after I was in the trail with a group of other kids, he had made it around the school 4 tiumes.  I told him 5 times is good for the first day and that I would run with him for his last lap.  He barely finished, but he did!  I am so excited for him and can't wait to see how he does as the running club continues!!  Love working with these kids!  Their energy keeps me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment